Lukanina Yuliya Rafailievna, Junior researcher, Scientific-innovative department, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Socioeconomic development of a country to a large extent depends on competences of the leading group of the society, precisely, government officials. Government employees act not just as a control unit, but also as an organizational and motivational element of the modernization of Russia’s development. To realize their authorities qualitatively the officials are to have professional competences of innovative nature, promoting realization of the modernization policy. The level of competence proficiency is revealed by the index and degree of professionalism of government employees. An indicator of professionalism is the professional identity of government employees. Without development of professional competencies it is impossible to qualitatively form the professional identity of government employees.
Materials and methods. In order to research professional competencies of government employees the author examined materials on the competence approach in education, considered problems of lifelong professional education of government employees. In order achieve the set goal the researcher surveyed government employees analyzing the system of lifelong professional education of government employees of Penza region (n = 321), and conducted an expert poll of managers and specialists of human resources services of state authority bodies in Penza region in 2013 (n = 20).
Results. The research results proved the necessity of constant development of professional competencies of government employees. The experts supported the initiative of reforming the regional system of lifelong professional education of government employees and suggested recommendations on qualitative improvement of the present system.
Cocnlusions. Modernization of the regional system of lifelong professional education would promote development of competences of government employees and formation of their professional identity aiming at professionalization of the modern government service.
government employees, professional competencies, lifelong professional education, competence approach, professional identity.
1. Tyurin E. I. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2012, no. 3, pp. 77–83.
2. Roslyakova N. I. Pedagog XXI veka [Teacher of the XXI century]. 2009, no. 4, pp. 71–76.
3. Khutorskoy A. V. Kompetentnostnyy podkhod v obuchenii: nauch.-metod. posobie [Competence approach in education: methodological textbook]. Moscow: Eydos ; Izd-vo In-ta obrazovaniya cheloveka, 2013, 73 p.
4. Ignatov V. G. Gosudarstvennaya sluzhba [Government service]. Moscow: MarT, 2004, 528 p.
5. Eremina E. V. Regionologiya [Regional studies]. 2012, no. 2, pp. 149–155.
6. Kaneeva Yu. R. Vlast' [Authority]. 2013, no. 5, pp. 53–55.
7. Feld J. Lifelong Learning and the New Education Order. Trenthaw Books, 2000.
8. Gorshkov M. K., Klyucharev G. A. Nepreryvnoe professional'noe obrazovanie v kontekste modernizatsii [Lifelong professional education in the context of modernization]. Moscow: In-t sotsiologii Ros. akademii nauk; FGNU «Tsentr sotsiologicheskikh issledovaniy», 2011, 232 p.
9. O dopolnitel'nom professional'nom obrazovanii gosudarstvennykh grazhdanskikh sluzhashchikh Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Ukaz Prezidenta RF ot 28.12.2006 № 1474 (red. ot 01.07.2014) [On additional professional education of government employees of the Russian Federation: decree of the President of the Russian Federation from 28.12.2006 № 1474 (edition from 01.07.2014)]. “ConsultantPlus” reference program.
10. Magomedov K. O., Turchinov A. I. Inf.-analit. materialy po rezul'tatam sotsiologicheskikh issledovaniy, provedennykh kafedroy gos. sluzhby i kadrovoy politiki Rossiyskoy akademii gos. sluzhby pri Prezidente RF v 2001–2006 gg. [Informationanalytical materials on the results of the sociological research carried out by the subdepartment of government service and personnel policy of the Russian Academy of Government Service under the President of the Russian Federation in 2001–2006]. Ulyanovsk, 2007.